A Tech Week in the Life

    Costumes: Melanie Mortimore Photo: Sarah Matlow     Tech week is what we theatre people refer to the week before a production opens.  Th...

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Twitter!

     I guess I don't really get the hype about Twitter.  I had a Twitter account for many years, starting from about middle school until college.  However, I didn't really know why I was using it at all.  I just knew that when I got into middle school, and then into high school, we just used these certain social media platforms.  I was supposed to have a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.  Social media has been hard for me to put intention behind.  I never really knew if I was doing it "right".  With Twitter, I just followed random people who I wanted to know about.  Actors, politicians, and other random celebrities.  It was hard to feel like I was in control on a platform that I knew nothing about.  I found myself letting the notifications pile up and not wanting to open the app.  If I did open the app, then I wouldn't enjoy myself at all.  So, when I got to college, I deleted the app from my phone.  Suddenly there wasn't any more confusion, I wasn't worried about whether I was doing it "right" or if I enjoyed myself.  

    I recently made a new account for our upcoming assignment, and honestly, I had no interest in making it a long-term installment.  However, this chapter was so helpful in trying to make the Twitter match my brand, whatever that ends up being.  I think the advice on a clever bio is fun and I tried to emulate it as much as I could.  Trying to establish my Twitter as an extension of my other platforms seems like a good idea in theory but I'm just not sure how to get to a place where I enjoy using that platform and have a desire to interact with it.  I think it’s fascinating that the shelf life of a tweet is only 24 minutes.  I think it’s crazy how most of the people that will see a tweet are going to see it within three hours of it being posted.  I guess it would make sense if the best times to post are early in the morning 9a-10a.  This reaches anyone scrolling over morning coffee into their lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment